ThomasARTS is continually searching for great people who also happen to be excellent problem solvers. Take a look at our current openings, and if you see a match, contact us at email@example.com.
Reports to: Creative Automation Director
The Data Administrator’s role is to provide expertise to acquire, manage, manipulate, and analyze data and report results. They will be validating and monitoring process and data integrity across multiple systems in support of business unit decisions. They will also audit moderately complex database systems applications to ensure that appropriate controls exist, that processing is efficient and accurate and that standardized processes are in place to support client needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Identify problematic areas and conduct research to determine the best course of action to correct incoming client data.
• Analyze and problem-solve issues with current and planned systems as they relate to the integration and management of client data.
• Analyze reports of data duplicates or other errors to provide ongoing appropriate interdepartmental communication and monthly or daily data reports.
• Monitor for timely and accurate completion of select data elements.
• Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets for future automation.
• Perform data hygiene on mail lists in preparation for mailings.
• In collaboration with others, develop and maintain databases and data systems necessary for projects and department functions.
• Acquire and abstract primary or secondary data from existing internal or external data sources.
• In collaboration with others, develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality.
• Develop data import processes for scrubbing and parsing data incorporating the use of regular expressions and structured query language.
• In collaboration with others, interpret data and develop recommendations based on findings.
• Develop graphs, reports, and presentations of project results.
• Perform basic statistical analyses for projects and reports.
• Create and present quality dashboards as applicable.
• University degree in the field of computer science, information systems, statistics, information management, and/or four years equivalent work experience.
Knowledge & Experience
• Technical expertise regarding data models and database design development. Understanding of SQL and XML.
• Proficient in Excel, MS Access, and the use of regular expressions.
• Experience using SAS, SPSS, or other statistical packages, is desirable for analyzing large datasets.
• SQL skills preferred. Adept at queries and report writing.
• Familiarity with XMPie and Qlingo a plus.
• Experience in data mining techniques and procedures and knowing when their use is appropriate.
• Ability to present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner.
Basic Skills Required
• Problem solver skills
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Adept at conducting research into software-related issues and products
• Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Customer service skills an asset
• Highly logical
• Highly self-motivated and directed
• Keen attention to detail
• Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
• On-call time may be required during certain projects
• Sitting for extended periods of time
• Ability to present conference information to peers
• Assist media buyers and media director in the implementation of client media campaigns
• Researching and organizing information to build media buys and media orders
• Responsible for reconciliation of all media invoicing and payments, credits and refunds to ensure media ran as budgeted; designated as the media marketing department liaison with accounting department.
• Responsible for coordinating with various vendors to ensure correct payments in a timely manner.
• Responsible for all media invoice entry into AdvantageHelp with preparing digital billing for clients.
• Maintains all media buys and is responsible for the post-buy results of all buys.
• Inputting rates into Strata and keeping organized excel spreadsheets
• Builds and maintains relationships with media vendors
• Assist Director of HR with certain HP issues such as following up with employees regarding enrollment forms etc.
• Assist billing and accounting with certain tasks such as with credit card reconciliation, and specific research projects.
• Knowledge of advertising and/or marketing is recommended.
• Knowledge of Strata or other media placing system helpful.
• Knowledge of media research software helpful.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize the workload.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office with a strong proficiency in Excel.
• Good team and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong analytic skills, detail oriented and very good organizational skills a must.
• Must be a team player.